The FibrinogenCalculator is an educational tool for healthcare professionals only to provide information on fibrinogen treatment and dosing options on the FIB-test A5 results on the ClotPro.
Enter ClotPro FIB-Test (A5) Results below
If IN-test CT < 200 s, then NO Heparin or Protamine effect
If IN-test CT AND HI-test CT > 260 s, then Protamine effect: Wait 20 mins, then repeat
If IN-test CT > 200 s, then calculate ratio (IN-test CT / HI-test CT)
Input IN-test CT >>>>>
Input HI-test CT >>>>>
This calculator is intended for medical education only. The user agrees that use is at their own risk.
1. Rapid disappearance of protamine in adults undergoing cardiac operation with cardiopulmonary bypass. Butterworth et al. Ann Thorac Surg 2002;74:1589-1595
2. Mochizuku T, Olsen P, Szlam F, Ramsay J & Levy J. Protamine reversal of Heparin Affects platelet aggregation and activated clotting time after cardiopulmonary bypass. Anaesthesia and analgesia. Vol 88 Issue 4 pp 781-785
3. Hoenicka M, Rupp P, Muller-Eising K, Deininger S, Kunert A, Liebold A, et al. Anticoagulation management during multivessel coronary artery bypass grafting: a randomized trial comparing individualized heparin management and conventional hemostasis management. J Thromb Haemost 2015;13:1196–206.
4. Can extra protamine eliminate heparin rebound following cardiopulmonary bypass surgery? Teoh et al. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2004;128:211-219
5. Detection of Protamine and Heparin After Termination of Cardiopulmonary Bypass; Mittermayr M, Velik-Salchner C, Stalzer B, Margreiter J, Klingler A, Streif W, Fries D, Innerhofer P. Anesth Analg. 2009 Mar;108(3):743-50.